Modeled after McAuliffe International School, McAuliffe Manual offers students a challenging, well-rounded liberal arts education that is based on learner-centered classrooms, character education and international-mindedness.
In order to offer the same programming as McAuliffe International School, McAuliffe Manual Middle School has applied for and received Innovation Status from the Denver Public Schools’ Board of Education and Colorado State Board of Education. Innovation status allows McAuliffe Manual Middle School greater autonomy in how it manages time, money and staffing in order to provide a high-quality academic program for students. The school’s innovation plan renewal was submitted and approved in March of 2019, you can view the renewal plan here. Innovation statues are required to be renewed every three years by the state of Colorado.
You can learn more about DPS Innovation Schools here.
Innovation Zone for Northeast Denver IB schools
Additionally, innovation schools may pool together (in groups of four schools) to form innovation zones in accordance with the same statute mentioned above. For information about the McAuliffe Schools Innovation Zone proposal, please read Mr. Dennis’ letter and the FAQs. Below are several links that may also be helpful.
- MMMS Innovation Plan (current from CDE website) McAuliffe Manual Middle School Innovation Plan 2019 VF
- List of Schools in Innovation Zones on DPS Website https://portfolio.dpsk12.org/dps-family-of-schools/#1528485504192-9e38eb2d-e4f5
- NDIZ (Northeast Denver Innovation Zone) website https://www.ndiz.org/
- NDIZ Innovation Zone Application (partial from Northfield High School Website) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjLn4Sb38bfAhXl3YMKHU6oDTMQFjAAegQICBAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnorthfield.dpsk12.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F05%2FNortheast-Denver-Innovation-Zone-Final-Plan.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0a8hJxID9og8590PSZ1Czm
- NDIZ Board and Staff List from NDIZ website https://www.ndiz.org/who-we-are/