Academic Success Center and Work Zone launches this week!
Academic Success Center and Work Zone will be available for your student to support their learning. Please contact Andrea Sunday with any questions or concerns.
ACADEMIC SUCCESS CENTER
- We encourage students to take advantage of this positive, academic support; ASC allows students to get extra support, extra practice, and get caught up on missing/unsatisfactory work before a mandatory Work-zone is assigned (on Thursday).
- Tuesday and Wednesday every week from 4:10-5:00 pm in room 311
- Students MUST sign up by 3:00 pm on the Tuesday or the Wednesday that they plan to attend ASC; sign-up sheets are posted each morning outside room 311
- Work-zone is a MANDATORY assignment for students to complete missing or unsatisfactory work
- Work-zone is held Thursday after school from 4:10-5:00 pm in room 311
- On Thursdays after 1:00pm, Work-zone assignments are posted to Kickboard (for parent notice) and lists are posted in the hall at the top of each staircase (for student notice). It is the student’s responsibility to check the list to see if they have been assigned to Work-zone
Parents/Guardians will receive a phone call on Thursday before 2:00 PM if their student is on the Work-zone list. Please be sure your student is picked up promptly at 5:00 from school if they are attending either Academic Support Center or Work Zone.
Come on out and play tennis!
Practices will be held Monday and Wednesday (starting 9/24) from 4:05-5:05. Bring a tennis racket and a water bottle. No experience necessary. If you have any questions, contact Coach Couchman.
Please join us Tuesday (9/25) from 4:30-6:30 pm at Swigert International School (3480 Syracuse St) for the
NE Denver Innovation Zone and the MMMS PTSA Kickoff Picnic!
Four schools in Northeast Denver have come together to form Denver’s newest Innovation Zone. Our MMMS PTSA is new this year too – and we need members to help us kick-off our great project ideas! Please RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/NDIZKickoff.
Por favor vengan a un evento para celebrar el comienzo de la Northeast Denver Innovation Zone (La Zona de Innovación de Northeast Denver) el 25 de septiembre, 4:30 – 6:30pm en Swigert International School. Las cuatro escuelas en Northeast Denver, McAuliffe International, McAuliffe Manual, Northfield High School, and Swigert International School, se forman la Zona de Innovación más nueva con la misión de ofrecer una educación excelente a todos los niños en Northeast Denver. Vengan al evento para aprender más sobre La Zona, conectar con otros miembros de la comunidad y disfrutar de comida. Se puede confirmar asistencia aquí
Hosted by DPS Gifted & Talented . . . Priceless Parenting: Effective strategies for supporting your child’s school achievement.
Join us for dinner and conversation with other Black families and author, Dr. Joy Lawson Davis. Click for more information: English // Espanol
- 9/27 @ 5:30pm
- Dinner and childcare provided
- RSVP by calling 720-423-2056
Fall Enrichment has been scheduled and we’re looking forward to seeing our students engage in these great activities! Letters have gone home explaining the process and the description of each activity. You can click here to view this information on our website.
Family And Community Engagement (FACE) University event
Denver Public Schools is excited to invite DPS families and community members to attend our first FACE University event. Choose from a variety of topics to learn important and effective educational information, strategies, and resources to help support your children’s academic, social, and emotional growth!
- Saturday, September 22, 2018
- 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Manual High School (1700 E 28th Ave)
- Food, childcare, and interpretation are provided at no cost
- FACE University 101: Navigating the Educational Syste (Transportation | Food Services | School Choice | Parent Portal)
- College and Career: New Graduation Requirements
- School Governance
- Social Emotional Learning
- Student Depression and Student Anxiety
- Special Education | Gifted and Talented
- Black Minds Matter-Black Families Matter
- Volunteer Services
- Title 1
- English Language Acquisition District Advisory Committee (ELA DAC)
- Resource Fair and much more…
If you have any questions, please contact us: FACE_Events@dpsk12.org| or 720-423-3135.
Please click here to register.
View the DPS flyer here: English // Espanol
Las Escuelas Públicas de Denver se complacen en invitarlos a asistir al evento FACE University. Se ofrecerán diversos temas para que obtengan información y aprendan estrategias y recursos educativos importantes y eficaces para apoyar el crecimiento académico, social y emocional de sus hijos.
Acompáñenos el Sábado, 22nd de septiembre del 2018, de 8:00 am to 2:00 pm en Manual High School, 1700 E 28th Ave., Denver, CO 80205. Se proveerá comida, cuidado infantil e interpretación sin costo alguno para los asistentes.
Por favor para registrarse vaya a
Come on out and cheer on our soccer and cross country teams!
Soccer will play today (Friday) and next Tuesday (9/18) at our Manual campus. Games start at 4pm.
Cross Country will compete next Tuesday (9/18) at Harvey Park, start time is 3:45pm.
You can view the full season schedule for both teams at this link.
Picture Day is Friday, September 14th. You can use the order form that was sent home with your student, or you can order online using our MMMS picture code (CG948580Y0). Get a free Shutterfly Photo Book if you order online. See attached flyer for details.
The boys soccer schedule can be found here. Practices are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15-5:15, starting the week of 9/4. There will be no soccer practice after school on Thursday, September 6 due to a teacher training.
Please click here to read important information about our Physical Education uniform policy.