- SchoolChoice opens: Jan 15, 2019
- DPS Regional School Expo Week: Jan. 15-17, 2019 (details TBA)
- SchoolChoice closes: Feb 15, 2019 @ 4 pm
- Notifications are sent: Late March 2019
- Round 2 of SchoolChoice: To be determined
High School Open Houses and Shadow Opportunities
- DCIS is a DPS magnet middle and high school in the Baker neighborhood of Denver. DCIS Baker graduates global citizens that are multilingual, enabling them to become inter-culturally competent through our unique curriculum. Click here to see more details about their upcoming events for 8th graders and their families.
- South High School Showcase – Wed, Nov 14th, 6:00-8:00pm at 1700 East Louisiana Avenue. You will hear from administrators, teachers, students and current South parents. Learn how your student can excel through: Academic Programs Including AP, Honors, Concurrent Enrollment and ELA; On-and-Off Campus College Course Offerings; Award-Winning Athletics, Clubs and Activities.
- DSST schools – Use this link to choose a school and learn more about shadowing and open houses/family tours.
- DSISD (Denver School of Innovation and Sustainable Design) -Tours and Open Houses are scheduled for Nov 7th & Dec 5th
(student tour 9am–12 pm; Open House 6:30pm–7:30pm). To schedule, please email Jason_nungaray@dpsk12.org
Denver Health School-Based Health Center on Manual Campus
Denver Health’s School-Based Health Centers (SBHCs) offers services for any DPS student and is available throughout the school year. SBHC offers convenient care at no charge to the family or student patient. Parental/Guardian consent is required and must be resubmitted each school year. Students in 6th grade and above may visit the health center without their parent/guardian present. Clinic staff encourages patients to discuss their health care with their parents. However, Colorado state law allows some visits to the health center to be confidential as appropriate. Information is not shared without patient and/or parental permission. The only exception is a life-threatening situation. Consent forms may be accessed here.
- Immunization and exemption information can be found here.
- Free Healthy Meals
- Homeless Education Network Resource Directory: English // Spanish
- Colorado Crisis Services
- Student Equity and Opportunity: Family Resources
- Mindfulness for middle schoolers – Release (short film) and teaching kids mindful techniques
- Hand in Hand Parenting (resource for emotional/social support)
- Teen support eBook (Hand in Hand Parenting resource)
- 211 United Way Resource Link
- Signs of Suicide website (SOS middle school program video)
Safe2Tell Colorado gives students a safe, anonymous way to help someone who is struggling or hurting. Learn what to look for, what to listen for, and what to report at the Safe2Tell website here.
Colorado Crisis Services Text Service
Coloradans can text to receive immediate and professional help to deal with any type of crisis situation. The statewide crisis text service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The text service is for individuals needing mental health, substance abuse or emotional help before, during or after a crisis. Read more about the service here.